It feels like the TAB has been around forever. My pop used to trot down every Saturday to put his bets down on the horses he’d agonised over the previous week. That’s why the TAB is one of the most popular and trusted online bookmakers in Australia is the. The old TAB has been around for over 50 years and offering a wide range of betting markets, products and services to Australian customers.
Whether you’re into V8’s, the trots, or a one off Melbourne Cup flutter, TAB will have something for you. Let’s dive into the pros and cons, the features and promotions and how they compare to other bookmakers in the industry. We’ll find out whether TAB is the right choice for your betting needs.
What I like about TAB
Not only do you get the thrill on an in-person experience, TAB offers a user-friendly website and mobile app. The cool this is they do this, as well as offering live streaming and radio services. I like TAB and have fond memories of going there with my pop for his weekly horseracing tips.
- You’ll get competitive odds and promotions. TAB sometimes has better odds than other bookmakers, especially for horseracing events. There’s also regular promotions, such as bonus bets, cash back, and enhanced odds.
- There’s a loyalty program and rewards. TAB rewards its customers with TAB Rewards, a loyalty program that allows you to earn points for every bet you place. You can redeem your points for free bets, gift cards, merchandise, and much much more.
- Access to a variety of payment methods and customer support. TAB accepts many payment methods, such as credit cards, PayPal, POLi, and bank transfer. It also has a responsive and helpful customer support team, available via phone, email, and live chat.
TAB is a stalwart in Australia and a great choice for punters. It has a lot of features and benefits that make it stand out from the crowd. Easy to get started with, TAB is definitely worth a try.
What I don’t like about TAB
TAB is one of the oldest and most popular sports betting sites in Australia, but it also has some drawbacks.
- Less competitive odds. Whilst TAB is the biggest in Australia, sometimes I feel like they take advantage of this fact. The odds are sometimes worse than the other sites, which is why it pays to compare odds before you place your bet.
- Higher fees and charges. TAB charges a lot of fees and commissions for using their services, such as deposit fees, withdrawal fees, account fees, and transaction fees.
TAB might have a long history and a large customer base, but they also have a lot of room for improvement. It’s hard not to think they rest on their laurels knowing they’re the biggest
How to fund your TAB Wallet
If you want to place bets on TAB, you’ll need to have a positive balance in your TAB Wallet.
There are several ways to fund your TAB Wallet, depending on your preferences and convenience. Let’s see how to get money in your account.
|Method||Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit||Processing Time||Fees|
|BPAY||$10||$5,000||1-3 business days||None|
|Cash In-Store||$1||No limit||Instant||None|
There’s plenty of options to choose from with the most convenient and fastest way is to use a credit or debit card.
NOTE: Be careful with your credit card as you will probably attract the cash advance rate of interest. This means you’ll be paying interest on the amount you transfer to the TAB.
PayPal or POLi are also instant and have no fees!
If you’re old school and prefer to use cash, you can also use BPAY or cash in-store. The BPAY option allows you to transfer money from your bank account to your TAB Wallet, but it may take a few days to process. Cash in-store lets you deposit cash at any TAB outlet or agency across Australia, but you need to present your TAB card or account number.
How does TAB compare to other platforms?
To answer this question, I did a deep dive and thorough analysis of the main features and benefits of TAB and four of its competitors: Ladbrokes, SportsBet, Bet365 and Neds. I weighed up the sites based on four criteria: odds, variety, features and customer service.
- I collected data from each platform’s website and app, as well as from independent sources such as Oddschecker and Trustpilot.
- I calculated the average odds for different sports and events, such as AFL, NRL, horse racing and soccer.
- I evaluated the variety of sports and markets offered by each platform, as well as the availability of live betting and streaming options.
- I assessed the features and functionality of each platform, such as cash out, bet builder, multi bets and promotions.
- I rated the customer service quality and responsiveness of each platform, based on online reviews and my own experience.
How did everyone fare:
As you can see, TAB is the clear winner in this comparison, scoring the highest in three out of four criteria and tying with Bet365 for the best odds. TAB offers innovative features such as cash out, bet builder and multi bets. TAB also has a reliable and friendly customer service team that can help you with any issues or queries you may have.
You’ll get great value, variety and convenience for your all of sports betting needs.
What sports can you bet on?
Whether you are a fan of local or international sports, you can find something to suit your preferences at TAB.
- Horse racing: TAB has always covered the majot thoroughbred and harness racing events as well as overseas races. They’ve been the go-to for the Melbourne Cup, the Cox Plate, the Everest, the Golden Slipper and more. You can also watch the live streaming of some races and get expert tips and form guides.
- AFL: TAB is the one of the official partners of the Australian Football League. You’ll get competitive odds and markets for every match of the season. You’re also able to bet on futures markets such as the premiership winner, the Brownlow Medal, the Coleman Medal and more.
- NRL: TAB is also the official partner of the National Rugby League. They offer punters a variety of options for every game of the season. You’ll get head-to-head, line, margin, first try scorer, total points and more. You can also bet on the premiership winner, the Dally M Medal, the top try scorer and more.
- Soccer: TAB covers all the major soccer leagues and tournaments around the world. Not only can you be on the A-League, you can punt on the English Premier League, the UEFA Champions League, the FIFA World Cup and more. You can bet on the match outcome, who scores a goal, corners, red and yellow cards and more.
- Basketball: TAB gives you access to a range of markets for basketball fans. There’s both local and international competitions such as the NBA, the NBL, the WNBL, the Euroleague and more. You can bet on match outcomes, points totals, rebounds, assists and more.
- Cricket: TAB covers all forms of cricket. You’ll get the 50 over ODI’s (my favourite!), Test matches,T20s and all the way to domestic leagues and international tournaments. Bet on match outcomes, runs, wickets, boundaries, sixes and more.
- Tennis: TAB covers all the major tennis events like the Australian Open, the French Open, Wimbledon, the US Open and more. If this is your thing, go nuts!
- Golf: Not one of my favourite sports to bet on, but if it’s your thing you can bet on the Masters, the US Open, the British Open, the PGA Championship and more at the TAB. You can even go as nuts as hole outcomes.
These are just some of the sports you can bet on with TAB Australia. For a full list of available sports and markets, visit their website or download their app.
What about the Security?
After the Medibank and Optus data leaks, security is king. You want to make sure that your personal and financial information is safe and that the site you are using is trustworthy and reliable. TAB Australia is licensed and regulated in Australia and ensures that it complies with the highest standards of integrity and fairness. TAB Australia also uses advanced encryption technology and firewalls to safeguard your data and transactions.
You can rest assured that your money and identity are safe with TAB Australia. Plus, they have a dedicated customer support team that is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or issues you may have.
TAB is one of the most oldest, most popular and trusted sports betting sites in Australia. It offers a wide range of markets, live streaming, promotions, and rewards for loyal customers. TAB also has a strong presence in the racing industry as they have exclusive access to some of the biggest events and venues. Whether you are a casual punter or a serious bettor, TAB has something for you.
However, TAB is not without its drawbacks. Some users have complained about the staff, the website design, and the withdrawal process. TAB also has higher margins than some of its competitors, which means lower odds and payouts.
As always, we remind you to gamble responsibly and only bet what you can afford to lose. Gambling can be addictive and harmful if not controlled. If you or someone you know has a problem with gambling, please seek help from a professional service or call 1800 858 858.