Handy Betting Tips for the A-League

Last updated:

The A-League is the top division of men’s professional soccer in Australia. It was founded in 2004 and currently consists of 12 teams from across the country and New Zealand. The A-League is known for its competitive and entertaining matches, as well as its passionate and diverse fan base.

Did you know the most successful team in the A-League history is Sydney FC,. They’ve won five championships and four premierships (the regular season title). The current champions are Melbourne City FC, who won their first title in 2021 by defeating Sydney FC 3-1 in the grand final.

Although soccer is usually a low scoring affair, the highest-scoring match in the A-League history was a 7-6 thriller between Brisbane Roar and Central Coast Mariners back in in 2011. The match featured four goals in extra time, including a last-minute winner by Brisbane’s Erik Paartalu.

The A-League has a history of a star studded line-up. It’s attracted some notable players from overseas, such as Alessandro Del Piero, Dwight Yorke, Keisuke Honda, David Villa and Diego Castro. The current marquee player of the league is Daniel Sturridge, who joined Perth Glory in 2021 after playing for Liverpool and England.

The A-League has also produced some talented exports who’ve gone on to play for overseas clubs. It’s an exclusive list and includes Aaron Mooy, Mathew Ryan, Tom Rogic, Mile Jedinak, Tim Cahill and Harry Kewell. The current top scorer of the league is Jamie Maclaren, who plays for Melbourne City FC and Australia.

Only around 10,000 per match is an average attendance, which ranks among the top 20 leagues in the world. It’s no match for the AFL in Melbourne or the Boxing Day Test. The highest attendance ever recorded was 61,880 for the 2007 grand final between Melbourne Victory and Adelaide United at Etihad Stadium.

It’s small in Australia but has a very loyal fanbase. I’m partial to Sydney FC as it’s my hometown, but I always look at what the bookies are saying!


  • https://www.ultimatealeague.com/
  • https://footystats.org/australia/a-league
  • https://www.espn.com.au/football/stats/_/league/aus.1
  • https://www.soccerstats.com/latest.asp?league=australia

Brisbane Roar and Perth Glory Betting Tips Nov 2023

Brisbane Roar and Perth Glory will face off in a thrilling A-league match on Sunday 26th November 2023. Both teams have strong records and loyal fans, but who will emerge victorious? According to the bookies, Brisbane Roar has a slight edge over Perth Glory, but anything can happen on the pitch.

Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners Round 3 Tips

The A-League match between Perth Glory and Central Coast Mariners on Saturday promises to be a thrilling encounter. Both teams are in good form wia chance to climb the ladder. The bookies favour Perth Glory, but the Mariners have shown resilience and determination in their recent games.

Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory Round 1 Tips

The A-League is heating up as Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory clash in the opening round. Both teams are in good form, but who has the edge? According to the bookies, Sydney FC is the slight favourite, with a 40% chance of winning. Melbourne Victory is not far behind, with a 35% chance. A draw is also possible, with a 25% chance.

Copyright © 2024. All Rights Reserved. AusBets
65-67 York Street, Sydney, NSW. 2000
AusBets acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands. I pay my respects to Elders past, present and emerging and celebrate the diversity of Aboriginal peoples and their ongoing cultures and connections to the lands and waters of NSW. Always was. always will be.
If you decide to apply for a product or service through our website you will be dealing directly with that provider of that product or service and not with AusBets. Any odds quoted are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. You should confirm any information with the product or service provider before signing up