If you’re looking for a reliable and trustworthy online sports betting site in Australia, you might want to check out Southern Cross Bet. Southern Cross Bet is a new player in the market, but it has already gained a lot of popularity among Australian punters. In this article, I will share with you my personal experience with Southern Cross Bet, and why I think it’s one of the best options for online sports betting in Australia.
What I like about Southern Cross Bet
Southern Cross Bet is one of the newest platforms in Australia. It was launched in 2020 by a group of experienced industry veterans headed up by Mark Johnston. He’s a bookie with over 20 years experience following in the family footsteps.
They offer a wide range of sports and markets at competitive odds This makes it appealing to both seasoned and new punters. Let’s take a look at some of its features and benefits.
- Easy and fast registration process: You can basically sign up with Southern Cross Bet in minutes using your email address or phone number. You’ll need to go through the basic KYC process before you can get started
- User-friendly website and mobile app: There’s a sleek and modern app that makes it easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. You can access the site from any device, or download the app for iOS or Android devices. It’s not on the Play Store but they have detailed instructions to get started.
- Variety of sports and racing markets: Southern Cross Bet covers all the major sports in and racing events in Australia. But also all around the world. You can also bet on horse racing, greyhound racing, and harness racing from local and international tracks.
- Variety of bets: You can choose from a range of bets including head-to-head, line, margin, multi-bet, parlay, and futures.
- Competitive odds and payouts: Southern Cross Bet offers some of the best odds in the market, remarkably so for especially for Australian sports and racing. Compare the odds with other bookmakers and see for yourself. The site also pays out quickly and securely, using various payment methods, such as credit cards, debit cards, bank transfers, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller, and POLi.
Southern Cross Bet could be a great choice for anyone who loves sports betting and wants to enjoy a hassle-free and fun experience. The site is safe, reliable, and licensed in New South Wale by the Greyhound Welfare & Integrity Commission The customer service team seems to be friendly and helpful, available 24/7 via phone, email, or live chat. I can’t fault Southern Cross Bet to anyone who is looking for a new online sports betting platform.
What I don’t like about Southern Cross Bet
Southern Cross Bet is one of the newest online sports betting sites and it definitely has a lot of room for improvement. It offers a decent range of markets and odds, it also has some drawbacks that can make it less appealing than some of its competitors. Here a few things that irk me about Southern Cross Bet:
- The website design is outdated and cluttered. It’s hard to navigate and find what you’re looking for, especially on mobile devices.
- The customer service can be a tad slow and unresponsive. I’ve tried to contact them several times via email, phone and live chat, but I always get either no reply or a generic answer that doesn’t solve my problem.
- The withdrawal process is complicated and lengthy. You have to verify your identity and provide a lot of documents before you can withdraw your winnings. This can take up to 5 days which can eat into your fun. There are also fees and limits on how much you can withdraw at a time.
Southern Cross Bet isn’t a bad option for online sports betting, considering it’s relatively new. But it’s not great either. You’re spoilt for choice in Australia so it’s definitely worth shopping around and comparing before you commit to a platform.
How to fund your Southern Cross Bet Wallet
One of the most important aspects of online sports betting is how to deposit and withdraw money from your account. Southern Cross Bet offers a variety of payment methods that are fast, secure and convenient. Let’s take a closer look.
|Payment Method||Minimum Deposit||Maximum Deposit||Processing Time||Fees|
|Bank Transfer||$10||$50,000||1-3 business days||None|
Southern Cross Bet accepts the most popular and payment methods in Australia. \ All deposits are processed instantly, except for bank transfers, which may take a few days to clear. There are no fees charged by Southern Cross Bet for any deposit method so you can keep that cash for your all important bets
To fund your Southern Cross Bet wallet, you need to log in to your account and click on the “Deposit” button on the top right corner of the screen. Then, select your preferred payment method and enter the amount you wish to deposit. You will be redirected to a secure page where you can complete the transaction. Once the deposit is confirmed, you will see the funds in your wallet balance.
How does Southern Cross Bet compare to other platforms?
Southern Cross Bet is the new kid on the block, but it has already established itself as a reliable and competitive option for punters. Let’s see how Southern Cross Bet compare to some of the most popular and well-known platforms.
|Southern Cross Bet||
Southern Cross Bet has some clear advantages and disadvantages but it is overall a solid choice for Australian sports betting enthusiasts. It offers up a good balance between quality and offers variety and value. Southern Cross Bet might be the one for you to try out this weekend.
How I got started with Southern Cross Bet.
I was intrigued by the opening slogan: “Bet with the stars, win with the Southern Cross”. I decided to give them a try and see for myself what they had to offer.
I signed up and it only took me a few minutes to fill in my details and verify my identity.
I stupidly made my first deposit using my credit card, which was processed instantly and without any fees. Except for my bank – I was hit with the cash advance rate of interest, that was charged as soon as I made my deposit.
I placed my first bet on an AFL match between Collingwood and Essendon. I backed Collingwood to win by more than 10 points at odds of 2.10. I also placed a player prop bet on Jordan De Goey to score more than 2 goals at odds of 3.00. I watched the game while having a few schooners with my golf buddies.
Collingwood won the game by 15 points, and De Goey scored 3 goals. Turns out I had won. Of course this doesn’t happen all the time, but tonight I was in luck.
So, that’s how I got started with Southern Cross Bet. Nothing special, but a good story to tell.
What sports can you bet on?
One of the big draw cards of Southern Cross Bet is the wide variety of sports that you can bet on. Whether you’re into local or international events, you’ll find something for everyone. Here’s some of the sports that you can bet on:
- AFL: Bet on the Australian Football League, the most popular sport in the country. You can wager on match winners, margins, totals, futures, and more.
- NRL: Bet on the National Rugby League, the premier rugby competition in Australia. You can bet on head-to-head, line, over/under, first try scorer, and more.
- Cricket: Bet on domestic and international cricket matches, including the Big Bash League, Sheffield Shield, Test matches, One Day Internationals, and Twenty20s. You can bet on match outcomes, top run scorer, top wicket taker, highest opening partnership, and more.
- Soccer: Bet on the A-League, the top soccer league in Australia, as well as major international leagues and tournaments such as the English Premier League, UEFA Champions League, FIFA World Cup, and more. You can bet on match results, correct score, both teams to score, goalscorer markets, and more.
- Rugby Union: Bet on the Super Rugby AU, the domestic rugby union competition in Australia, as well as international matches and tournaments such as the Rugby Championship, Six Nations, and Rugby World Cup. You can bet on match winners, handicaps, totals, first try scorer, and more.
- Tennis: Bet on the Australian Open, the first Grand Slam of the year, as well as other major tournaments such as Wimbledon, US Open, French Open, ATP Tour events, and more. You can bet on match winners, sets betting, total games, tiebreaks, and more.
- Golf: Bet on the PGA Tour of Australasia, the main golf tour in Australia and New Zealand, as well as other major tours and events such as the PGA Tour, European Tour, Masters Tournament, US Open Championship , British Open Championship , PGA Championship , Ryder Cup , Presidents Cup , and more. You can bet on outright winners , each way , top 10 , top 20 , hole in one , and more.
- Basketball: Bet on the NBL , the top basketball league in Australia and New Zealand , as well as other major leagues and tournaments such as the NBA , WNBA , EuroLeague , FIBA World Cup , Olympic Games , and more. You can bet on match winners , points spread , over/under , first half/second half , quarter betting , player props , and more.
There’s plenty of other options available for you to explore and enjoy, you won’t know unless you have a browse around.
What about the Security?
The also use sophisticated ways of verifying your identity and age before you can withdraw any winnings. This is to prevent fraud and underage gambling. You will need to provide some documents, such as a driver’s license or passport, to prove your identity and age. This process may take a few days, but it is for your own safety and peace of mind.
The Bottom Line
Southern Cross Bet is a new online sports betting platform that offers competitive odds, a user-friendly interface, and a generous welcome bonus. Whether you are a fan of AFL, NRL, cricket, soccer, or horse racing, you will find plenty of markets to choose from. Southern Cross Bet also has a responsive customer service team and a secure payment system. However, there are some drawbacks to consider, such as the lack of live streaming and the limited withdrawal options. Overall, Southern Cross Bet is a promising option for Australian punters who want to try something different and enjoy a hassle-free betting experience.
Disclaimer: Gambling involves risk. Please only gamble with funds that you can afford to lose. Whilst we do our best to offer accurate information, we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.