Hot off the heels of the ICC World Cup, the T20 cricket match between Australia and India is shaping up to be one of the most anticipated events of the year. After Australia decimated India in the world cup all eyes are on this 20 over match.
Both teams have a strong record of winning and a fierce rivalry that goes back decades. The home team will have an advantage playing in familiar conditions.
The bookies are not so sure about the outcome, as they have given both teams almost equal odds of winning. Who will come out on top in this clash of the world cup finalists?.
On the boundary
Both teams have strong batting and bowling line-ups. The bookies have given a slight edge to the hosts, who have the advantage of playing in familiar conditions and having a more balanced squad.
However, the visitors are not to be underestimated with some of the most explosive hitters and wicket-takers in the world. The match could be decided by the performance of the players on the boundary, both in terms of scoring runs and saving them.
Why I think the Aussies will get up
This upcoming game is going to be a thrilling contest. Both teams have some of the best players in the world and are eager to win the series. Especially after the epic World Cup Final last week. I think the Aussies have an edge over the hosts for several reasons. Here’s my brain dump on some of them:
- The Aussies have a balanced and experienced squad, with players like David Warner, Glenn Maxwell, Pat Cummins and Mitchell Starc, who can perform well in any conditions.
- The Aussies have a better record against India in T20 matches, winning 13 out of 23 games so far, including the last two matches in 2020 and 2021.
- The Aussies have more confidence and momentum, having won the world cup at Dodi stadium with India attempting to doctor the series.
I think (and hope!) the Aussies will get up and win the match. They’ve got the skills, the form and the motivation to beat India in their own backyard. It won’t be easy, but it sure as hell will be possible.
Who to watch: Glenn Maxwell
Favourite shot: Reverse sweep
Jersey #: 32
The explosive all-rounder is one of the most dangerous players in T20 cricket. He scores runs at a rapid pace, hits sixes all over the ground, and bowls handy off-spin. He’s got a good record against India, scoring 353 runs in 13 T20Is at a strike rate of 160. He will be a key player for Australia in the upcoming series Keep an eye out for his innovative shots and game-changing abilities.
Why I think India could get up
India could have the edge over Australia and will want to win the match. They’re out for blood after the world cup loss so here’s why:
- India has a strong batting line-up, with players like Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul and Rishabh Pant. These guys can score big runs and chase down any target.
- India also has a balanced bowling attack, with spinners like Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Yuzvendra Chahal, who can exploit the conditions in India and trouble the Australian batsmen.
- India has the home advantage, as they are familiar with the pitches, the weather and the crowd support in India. They have won 11 out of their last 15 T20 matches at home.
- Australia has some injury concerns, as their star players like David Warner, Pat Cummins and Glenn Maxwell are doubtful for the match. They also have a new captain in Aaron Finch, who may not have enough experience to lead the team in a high-pressure situation.
India could get up and beat Australia in a close and exciting game. India might emerge victorious in the end but I hope the Aussies will continue their momentum and dominate the sub-sonitnent.
Who to watch: Virat Kohli
Favourite shot: Cover drive
Jersey #: 18
The Indian captain is one of the best batsmen in the world and especially so in the shortest format of the game. He’s scored over 3000 runs in T20Is, averaging 52.65 with a strike rate of 139.04. He has also hit 28 fifties and three hundreds in this format. Watch out for his elegant strokes and aggressive attitude on the field. The crowd definitely won’t be silent when Kohli is batting.
What do the bookies say?
The bookies seem to favour India over Australia in this match, as they have given them lower odds of winning. Here are some of the odds from different betting sites:
The odds suggest that India has a higher chance of winning the match. Let’s hope the Aussies don’t pay attention because we all know cricket is a game of uncertainties and anything can happen on the day of the match.
The Bottom Line
This match is shaping up to be a thrilling encounter, as both teams have shown great form and skill in the recent matches. That’s if we discount the choke from India in the world cup final. But if we look at the current odds and the home advantage, India seems to have a slight edge over Australia. There’s a good chance they could emerge victorious. If they play to their strengths they can exploit the weaknesses of their opponents.
T20 cricket is a game of uncertainties and anything can happen on the day of the match. But let’s hope the Aussie’s get up!
Disclaimer: Be careful and responsible when placing bets online, and to only use reputable and licensed platforms. Online sports betting is a risky activity, and we do not endorse or guarantee any outcomes or results. Only bet what you can afford to lose.
- NRL Las Vegas: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs Betting Tips - February 20, 2024
- Australia v West Indies ODI 2024 Game 1 - January 29, 2024
- NZ Breakers vs Tasmania JackJumpers Betting Tips – 26th January 2024 - January 20, 2024