Last updated on November 1, 2023  

Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners Round 3 Tips

The A-League is back in action this weekend with one of the most anticipated matches of the season. The clash between Perth Glory and Central Coast Mariners is happening this Saturday the 4th November 2023.. Both teams are looking to bounce back from disappointing results in their previous games, and to climb up the ladder in the competitive league. Who will come out on top in this exciting encounter?

TLDR: Perth Glory v Central Coast Mariners is a crucial game for both sides, who are aiming to improve their positions in the A-League. The bookies favour Perth Glory, who have a strong home record and a potent attack, but Central Coast Mariners are not to be underestimated, as they have shown resilience and determination in their recent games.

Why I think Perth will get up

Perth Glory have been in great form lately, coming so close in their last game. They have a strong attack led by Bruno Fornaroli and Andy Keogh, who have a crazy number of combined for goals this season at 15. They also have a solid defence, conceding only 18 goals in 14 games, the second-best record in the league.

  • They have home advantage, playing at HBF Park where they have won six of their seven last games.
  • They have a psychological edge over Central Coast, having crushed them 3-1 in their last meeting in January.
  • They have more depth and quality in their squad, with players like Diego Castro, Neil Kilkenny and Chris Ikonomidis providing creativity and experience.

I’m expecting Perth to dominate the game and create plenty of chances, while Central Coast will struggle to cope with their pressure and pace. There’s also that crazy time different from east cost to west coast. I reckon there’s a comfortable 2-0 win for Perth, which will boost their chances of finishing in the top two and securing a home final.

Daniel Stynes

Who to watch: Daniel Stynes

Position: Midfielder

Jersey #: 17

The young Aussie superstar has been a breath of fresh air for Perth Glory this season. He’s scored six goals and provided two assists in 15 games. He’s shown great versatility, playing in various positions across the midfield and attack. He’s also impressed with his work rate, creativity and finishing ability. He’s going to be a key player for Perth as they aim to secure a big win against Central Coast Mariners. Watch out for his long-range shots and clever passes in the final third.

Why I think the Mariners will get up

The Central Coast Mariners may have lost their last two games, but they are not out of the race yet. They have an opportunity to bounce back this Sunday when they face Perth Glory at HBF Park. The Mariners could be in with a chance.

  • Perth Glory have been inconsistent this season, winning only four of their 11 games so far. They have also conceded 19 goals, the second most in the league.
  • The Mariners have a strong record against Perth Glory, winning six of their last 10 meetings. They also beat them 2-0 in their last encounter in March.
  • The Mariners have some key players returning from injury. We’ve got elites such as Matt Simon, Daniel De Silva and Oliver Bozanic.  who will add some experience and creativity to the team.
  • The Mariners have shown resilience and character in their previous games, despite the disappointing results. They have scored in every game this season and never given up.

The Mariners might have what it takes to overcome their recent slump and claim a vital three points on Sunday. They have the quality, the spirit and the motivation to do so. If Perth don’t get up, I predict a 2-1 win for the Mariners.

Dylan Wenzel-Halls

Who to watch: Dylan Wenzel-Halls

Position: Forward

Jersey #: 14

The young Australian attacker joined the Mariners from Brisbane Roar in the off-season and has already made an impact with his pace, energy and flair. He scored a stunning goal in the FFA Cup against Sydney FC and has been a constant threat in the pre-season friendlies. He has significant experience in the A-League, having netted 12 goals in 54 appearances for the Roar, and he will be keen to prove himself as a regular starter for the Mariners. Watch out for his explosive runs, dribbling skills and powerful shots.

What do the bookies say?

The Mariners are slightly favoured by the bookies. Let’s look at what your money will get you.

Bookmaker Perth Glory Draw Central Coast Mariners
Bet365 3.20 3.75 2.10
Sportsbet 3.20 3.75 2.10
Neds 3.25 3.80 2.15
Ladbrokes 3.30 3.80 2.15
TAB 3.30 3.80 2.15

The odds are very similar across the board, with only slight variations. The average odds for Perth Glory are 3.25, for the draw are 3.78, and for Central Coast Mariners are 2.13. This means that the bookies give Perth Glory a 30.8% chance of winning, the draw a 26.5% chance, and Central Coast Mariners a 42.7% chance.

The bookies expect a tight and competitive game, with Central Coast Mariners having a slight edge over Perth Glory. However, anything can happen in football, and both teams have shown their quality and resilience in previous matches. It will be an exciting game to watch and bet on.

The Bottom Line

This matchup is promising to be an exciting clash between these two high profile teams. The bookies have given the edge to the Mariners, who are up against the home side.. However, the Glory have shown resilience and determination throughout the early season, and could pull off an upset if they play with confidence and creativity. The game could go either way, depending on the form and tactics of both sides.

Disclaimer: Online gambling is a risky activity that can lead to addiction and financial losses. Please gamble responsibly and only bet what you can afford to lose.

John Power
Copyright © 2024. All Rights Reserved. AusBets
65-67 York Street, Sydney, NSW. 2000
AusBets acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands. I pay my respects to Elders past, present and emerging and celebrate the diversity of Aboriginal peoples and their ongoing cultures and connections to the lands and waters of NSW. Always was. always will be.
If you decide to apply for a product or service through our website you will be dealing directly with that provider of that product or service and not with AusBets. Any odds quoted are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. You should confirm any information with the product or service provider before signing up