The NBL season continues with two team of stark contrasting fortunes face off in a thrilling clash this weekend. The Sydney Kings are hoping to keep their winning streak alive and leapfrog their way to the top of the ladder, while the Tasmania JackJumpers are hoping to bounce back from a disappointing start and prove their critics wrong. Here’s what you need to know according to the bookmakers.
Why I think the Aussies will get up
Both teams have had a mixed start to the season, but the Kings have the edge in terms of experience and talent. Here’s some of my unsolicited tips on why I think the Aussies will get up and beat the newcomers from Tasmania.
- The Kings have a balanced roster with veterans like Jarell Martin, Xavier Cooks and Jaylin Adams, as well as young guns like Angus Glover, Dejan Vasiljevic and Makur Maker. They can play fast or slow, inside or outside, and match up well with any opponent.
- The JackJumpers are still trying to find their identity as a new franchise. They have a few exciting players like Josh Adams, Clint Steindl and Sam McDaniel, but there’s also small lack depth and consistency. They have struggled to close out games and defend the three-point line.
- The Kings have the home court advantage at Qudos Bank Arena, where they have won four of their last five games. They have a loyal fan base that will cheer them on and create a hostile environment for the visitors. The JackJumpers have only won one of their four road games so far.
- The Kings have a history of success in the NBL, having won three championships and made the finals 16 times. They have a winning culture and a strong coaching staff led by Chase Buford. The JackJumpers are still building their reputation and learning how to win at this level.
Who to watch: Jarell Martin
Position: Power Forward
Jersey #: 9
The American import has been a dominant force for the Kings this season, averaging 21.8 points and 8.2 rebounds per game. He has a versatile skill set that allows him to score inside and outside, as well as defend multiple positions. He was instrumental in the Kings’ win over the JackJumpers in their last meeting, scoring 26 points and grabbing 11 boards. Expect him to continue his impressive form and lead the Kings to another victory.
I have a strong feeling the Sydney Kings will prevail over the JackJumpers in a close but entertaining game. The Kings have way more quality, experience and confidence than the JackJumpers, who are still adjusting to the league. The Kings will win by 10 points or more and cement their place in the top four.
Why I think the JackJumpers will get up
It’s retribution time for the JackJumpers. The bookies have the Kings as favourites to win, but I really hope the JackJumpers will win and upset the favouries.
- The JackJumpers are hungry for success. They are a new team in the league and they want to prove themselves. They have a lot of motivation and energy to play hard and win.
- The JackJumpers have a balanced roster. They have a mix of experienced veterans and young talents. They have players who can score, rebound, defend, and create. They have depth and versatility in every position.
- The JackJumpers have a home-court advantage. They will play in front of their passionate fans at the MyState Bank Arena. They will feed off the crowd’s energy and support. They will also be more familiar with the court and the conditions.
Who to watch: Josh Adams
Jersey #: 14
The American import has been a revelation for the JackJumpers in their debut season in the NBL. He leads the team in scoring with 19.8 points per game, and he can light it up from beyond the arc. He has made 40 three-pointers in 12 games, shooting at an impressive 43.5% clip. He also contributes with 4.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game, making him a versatile threat on the court. He will be a key factor in the JackJumpers’ chances of upsetting the Sydney Kings on their home turf..
The JackJumpers might get up and beat the Kings. It won’t be easy, but it could be possible. The JackJumpers have nothing to lose and everything to gain. They will play with heart and determination. They might pull off the unthinkable… who knows!
What do the bookies say?
The bookies are favouring the Sydney Kings to win the game against the Tasmania JackJumpers this Sunday, according to the latest odds from various betting sites. Here are some of the odds for the match:
- Bet365: Sydney Kings 1.25, Tasmania JackJumpers 4.00
- Ladbrokes: Sydney Kings 1.28, Tasmania JackJumpers 3.75
- Betfair: Sydney Kings 1.26, Tasmania JackJumpers 4.10
- Sportsbet: Sydney Kings 1.27, Tasmania JackJumpers 3.80
The odds reflect the recent performance of both teams, as well as their head-to-head record. The Sydney Kings have won four of their last five games, while the Tasmania JackJumpers have lost three of their last five. The Kings also have a 2-1 advantage over the JackJumpers in their previous meetings this season, including a 95-78 victory in the Grand Final on May 6.
The Bottom Line
Both teams are looking to improve their standings in the league. The Kings are currently second on the ladder, with a 3-1 record, while the JackJumpers are third, with a 3-2 record. The bookies have the Kings as the clear favourite, with average odds of 1.50, while the JackJumpers are well behind.
However, the game could be closer than expected, as the JackJumpers have shown some explosiveness season. The Kings will rely on their star players, such as Jarell Martin, Jaylin Adams and Xavier Cooks, to lead them to victory, while the JackJumpers will hope that their balanced attack, featuring Josh Adams, Clint Steindl and Will Magnay, can cause some problems for the Kings’ defence. It’s going to be a high-scoring affair, with both teams averaging over 80 points per game.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposes only and does not constitute any form of betting advice. Betting on sports involves risk and you should only bet with money you can afford to lose. Please gamble responsibly and seek help if you have a problem.