Brisbane Roar and Perth Glory Betting Tips Nov 2023

For want of a better cliche, the A-league is heating up. Brisbane Roar and Perth Glory are facing off in a crucial match this Sunday 26th November 2023. Brisbane is sitting in sixth and Perth looking to prove a point, but who has the edge according to the bookies? In this article, I’ll analyse the odds, the form and the key players of both sides and give my prediction for the outcome.

TLDR: Brisbane Roar are favourites to win, but Perth Glory could pull off an upset if they exploit Brisbane’s defensive weaknesses.

Extra time

The match could go either way, as both teams have shown some impressive form and some disappointing results this season. Brisbane Roar have won two of their last games, scoring eight goals and conceding seven. Perth Glory have only won one game this season, scoring five goals and conceding six.

We should also take into account that both teams have also suffered heavy defeats, with Brisbane losing 4-1 to Sydney FC and Perth losing 5-0 to Melbourne City.

The game could be a high-scoring affair, as both teams have potent attackers and leaky defences. The over 2.5 goals market is paying $1.60, while the both teams to score market”” is paying $1.50. The first goal scorer market is also interesting, with Brisbane’s Dylan Wenzel-Halls paying $5.50 and Perth’s Bruno Fornaroli paying $6.00.

At the end of the day it will come down to who performs better on the day. But in the case of the A-League, who makes fewer mistakes. The bookies will always have their favourites, but anything can happen in the A-league!

Why I think Brisbane could win

Brisbane Roar have been in good form lately, winning two of their last three games and scoring eight goals in the process. They have a balanced squad, with experienced players like Jamie Young, Scott McDonald and Jay O’Shea. This is backed up with the young talents like Cyrus Dehmie, Alex Parsons and Jesse Daley. They also have a strong home record, having won six of their nine games at Suncorp Stadium this season.

My ramblings

  • Perth Glory have been struggling defensively, conceding 18 goals in their last six games and keeping only one clean sheet in their last 10 games.
  • Perth Glory will sit on a long flight to Brisbane, which could affect their performance and energy levels.
  • Brisbane Roar have a psychological edge over Perth Glory, having beaten them 3-1 in their last meeting in March.
  • Brisbane Roar have a motivated coach in Warren Moon, who is aiming to lead his team to their first finals appearance since 2018.

The Roar have a good chance of winning this match. They have quality, consistency and more confidence than their opponents. They’ll be eager to keep their spot in the top six and maybe with a 2-0 win.

Cyrus Dehmie

Who to watch: Cyrus Dehmie

Position: Forward

Jersey #: 9

The young striker is one of the most promising talents in the A-League, having scored 22 goals in 19 games for the Young Roar in the NPL Queensland last season. He has earned a spot in the senior squad and will be looking to make an impact with his pace, power and finishing ability. He has already scored his first A-League goal against Western United in round one, and he will be keen to add more to his tally against Perth Glory. Watch out for his explosive runs and clinical strikes in the final third.

Why I think Perth could win

Perth Glory is one of the most consistent teams in the A-league, having won four titles and reached the finals nine times. They have a strong squad, an experienced coach and a loyal fan base. They are currently second in the table, only two points behind Brisbane Roar, and they have a chance to overtake them with a win on Sunday.

Some of the reasons why Perth could win are:

  • Perth have a potent attack, led by Diego Castro. He’s scored 10 goals and assisted seven more this season. He is supported by Bruno Fornaroli, Andy Keogh and Chris Ikonomidis, who can all find the back of the net.
  • They have a solid defence, anchored by Jonathan Aspropotamitis. He’s made 63 clearances and 23 interceptions. He is partnered by Darryl Lachman, who has won 72% of his aerial duels. Let’s not forget goalkeeper Liam Reddy, who’s kept six clean sheets.
  • They have a good record against Brisbane Roar, having won three of their last five meetings, including a 3-1 victory at home in October 2023. They also have a psychological edge, as they eliminated Brisbane from the finals last season with a dramatic penalty shootout.

Perth Glory has all the ingredients to win on Sunday and claim victory. They’re confident, motivated and hungry for success. They won’t be intimidated by Brisbane’s home advantage, as they have proven they can win on the road. I think Perth are in with a good chance to win because they could be the better team overall.

Daniel Stynes

Who to watch: Daniel Stynes

Position: Midfielder

Jersey #: 17

The young Aussie has been a revelation for Perth Glory this season, scoring three goals in four games. He has shown great versatility, playing in various positions across the midfield and attack. He has also impressed with his work rate, creativity and vision. Watch out for his long-range shots and clever passes in the final third.

What do the bookies say?

As always, the bookies have a clear favourite for Sunday. Brisbane Roar are priced at 2.05 by, which effectively means they have a 46% chance of winning. Perth Glory are given a 27/10 (3.70) odds by, which roughly translates to a 26% likelihood of victory. A draw is estimated to have a higher chance (28%) than Perth Glory to win.

Bookmaker Brisbane Roar Draw Perth Glory
Bet365 2.05 3.50 3.70
Ladbrokes 2.10 3.40 3.60
Betfair 2.15 3.30 3.50
Sportsbet 2.05 3.50 3.70

The big 4 bookmakers have the current odds for the match outcome as of the time of writing. As you can see, there’s not much variation among them, and they all favour Brisbane Roar to win. The lowest odds for Brisbane Roar are offered by Bet365 and SportBet, while the highest odds for Perth Glory are given by Bet365 and SportBet as well.

The bookies all seem to agree that Brisbane Roar have the clear edge over Perth Glory in this match, but anything can happen in football. Will the home team live up to the expectations, or will the visitors pull off a surprise? We will find out on Sunday.

The Bottom Line

This game is promising to be an exciting and unpredictable clash. Both teams have shown impressive form and resilience in their recent games, and they are separated by three points in the ladder.

The bookies have given a slight edge to Brisbane Roar, who have the home advantage and a stronger defence. However, Perth Glory have a potent attack and a knack for scoring late goals. Therefore, I’ll be betting on a draw, which has a decent payout of 3.50.

Disclaimer: Online sportsbetting is a risky activity and you should only gamble with money you can afford to lose. I’m not responsible for any losses or damages that may result from following our advice. Gamble responsibly.

John Power
Copyright © 2024. All Rights Reserved. AusBets
65-67 York Street, Sydney, NSW. 2000
AusBets acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands. I pay my respects to Elders past, present and emerging and celebrate the diversity of Aboriginal peoples and their ongoing cultures and connections to the lands and waters of NSW. Always was. always will be.
If you decide to apply for a product or service through our website you will be dealing directly with that provider of that product or service and not with AusBets. Any odds quoted are correct at the time of publication and are subject to change. You should confirm any information with the product or service provider before signing up