The 2023 Golden Eagle is a thrilling horse race with over $7.5 million sitting in the prize pool. Who will win this year? Find out the latest odds and predictions from the bookies
Handy Betting Tips for the Horse Racing
Horse racing is one of the most popular and exciting sports to bet on in Australia. You can do it at the track, at the TAB and online. You’d be hard pressed to find an Aussie who hasn’t had a little bet somewhere along the line. There’s something for everyone in the world of horse racing betting. I don’t mind having a punt on the weekend, and I’ve got a bit of a system going. I want to share this with everyone, which is why you’ll find some of my tips below.
How to read a form guide
A form guide is the most important document on race day. It provides essential information about the horses and the races. It can help you make informed decisions when betting on horse racing.
Here’s my tips on how to read a form guide:
- Look at the horse’s name, age, gender, weight, and barrier number. These factors can affect the horse’s performance and odds.
- Check the horse’s recent results and ratings. The results show how the horse finished in its previous races, and the ratings indicate its ability and form. Look for consistent performers and horses that are improving or peaking.
- Compare the horse’s performance on different tracks, distances, and conditions. Some horses prefer certain types of tracks or certain lengths of races. Some horses are sprinters or stayers and some horses may also perform better on wet or dry tracks.
- Study the horse’s pedigree and trainer. The pedigree shows the horse’s sire and dam, which can indicate its potential and suitability for certain races. The trainer can have a significant impact on its performance based on how the horse is reared.
- Consider the jockey and the gear. The jockey can influence its speed, position, and tactics. The can enhance or restrict its abilities.
What odds to look for?
You want to make sure you’re going to make the most money possible whenever you bet on a horse. The bookies at the races are a little different and offer you a choice between fixed odds, tote odds, and exchange odds. Here are some of the differences and advantages of each type:
- Fixed odds are the odds that are locked in when you place your bet. They do not change regardless of how the market moves. Fixed odds are great if you spot an early value or if you want to secure a certain price. Some bookmakers offer the best fixed odds available from all the official on-course bookmakers, which can give you an edge over the tote.
- Tote odds are the odds that are determined by the total amount of money wagered on each outcome in a pool. The more money that is bet on a runner, the lower its tote price will be. Tote odds can fluctuate dramatically depending on the size of the betting pool and the late bets. Tote odds can sometimes pay more than fixed odds, but you never know what you will get until the race is over.
- Exchange odds are the odds that are set by other punters on a betting exchange platform. You can either back or lay a runner, meaning you can bet on it to win or lose. Exchange odds are usually higher than fixed odds or tote odds, because there is no bookmaker margin involved. But you’ll pay a commission to the exchange operator, which can reduce your overall profit. Exchange odds also depend on the liquidity and activity of the market, which can vary depending on the race
You should also take these tips with a grain of salt. I only gamble with what I can lose and nothing on this site is an explicit recommendation to gamble. If gambling is a problem, seek help.
The 2023 Melbourne Cup race is expected to be a close contest, with several contenders vying for the coveted trophy. Find out where you should place your hard-earned money.
The Cox Plate is one of the most prestigious horse races in Australia. Who will win this year? Find out the latest odds and tips from the bookies here.
The 2023 Caulfield Cup is one of the most anticipated races in Australia. Here are the three favourites, the latest tips and odds.and why they have a good chance of winning.
The world’s richest race on turf, with a prize money of $20,000,000 will take place on Saturday 14th October 2023 at Randwick Racecourse. Twelve of the fastest horses will compete over a distance of 1200 metres. But, who will get. Find out the latest odds